Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Riley's First Bath

So after Riley decided to use his incredible aiming skills to pee all over himself and us, (we've yet to master this 'skill') we thought it time for his first bath. He absolutely hated it and I'll admit we had no idea what we were doing. Thank goodness we had set up the bathtub before Riley was born because that was a feat all in itself! So here he is, screaming his head off over being naked and cold, while Dave and I fumble with the washcloth and the shampoo! Of course, we had to pause long enough for a picture!


Week one of Riley's life has come and gone and we can hardly believe it. Dave had to go back to work this week and I thought there could be no possible way I could handle this handsom little man all by myself. I've been around kids my whole life and yet it is absolutely no help at all in figuring out my own! He cries, he poops, he sleeps, he eats, and in absolutely no kind of order-did I mention he cries...how on earth do you every figure out what it all means?! But here we are, halfway through the week, and with the help of family and friends that stop by and bring us food, or watch him for an hour so I can sleep after a rough night, we're making it just fine. Dave comes home for lunch and holds Riley and sometimes me too, and reminds me that everything is ok and I really am doing a fine job as a mom. It's amazing how often I doubt that and it's only been a week!


I'll leave you with one more picture. We took Riley to work last weekend for his first 'work day' and of course, he had to have his own work shirt!

2 comments:

Nate and Bre said...

He is too cute. I can't wait to meet him! Can he pee on command yet? I think it would be very funny if he peed all over Nate. Love you guys!

Dallas Lange said...

Cute shirt...Reese almost fits into hers. Are Riley's eyes super blue or do they just look that way in this picture??
-K