Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finally Having Time for a Blog

It seems like it's been years since I last did a blog and today I'm making myself sit down and get it done! A lot has happened since we last logged on although I'm sure you have all already heard about most of it already.

First thing to tell you about and I'm SURE you already know-we are going to have another baby! He/she is due September 22nd, which is 3 days before Riley's due date was. Go ahead and laugh...it IS pretty funny. I'm personally hoping for at least a week between the two so that birthdays are a bit easier to plan! So far this pregnancy has been worse than the first but by no means bad. More nauseous, much more tired, and the usual. We got to see the baby two weeks ago and it has all it's fingers and toes, a heart where it should be,pumping a million miles a second and really looked like a little baby already. We are very excited. In about 7 weeks we can find out what the sex is and are seriously considering it this time around.

Dave and I both got hit with that nasty cold/cough thing going around. Riley had it the easiest with only a couple days not feeling like himself. I slept every afternoon for a week and finally got over it after about 8 days. Dave on the other hand, got the worst of it I think possible. He was sick the same time Riley and I were but just couldn't kick the coughing. It went on for about a month and I was threatening him to go to the doctor when he suddenly got worse and volunteered to go himself. The doctor told him he had no idea what was wrong with him-some sort of bronchial/pneumonia something and gave him antibiotics and cough syrup. Dave missed two days of work he was so sick(unheard of). A couple nights later, he woke up with terrible pains in his chest and numb arms and hands. We immediately went to the hospital, where they ran tests on him that came out saying that he had a very small heart attack. They transferred him to the main hospital. A special thanks to my in-laws who met me at the hospital at 3 in the morning and took Riley home with them so I could be with Dave. I don't know what we would've done without all their help!
They ran more tests on Dave the next morning and found out that he didn't have any clogged arteries at all. What a relief. They said the whole thing was caused by that virus and that it had affected the outside of the heart, and his nerves which made his arms go numb. When I asked what the difference was in feeling this and a real heart attack they said, "nothing...so if it happens again, go to the hospital right away!" Dave came home the next day and has been back to work this week. He is still coughing, but slowly getting better. God is good...

We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at the beginning of the month. We went to Edge Lake again and did absolutely nothing. The water was amazingly low! The day we left, it starting letting down buckets of snow which was a wonderful way to end the weekend.

In Riley news...he is growing so fast! He loves to try out new words which is quite funny. The other day he got into something messy and I said, "Good grief!!" And without missing a beat he said, "Gooo GEEE!" in the exact same exasperated tone. He loves sesame street and whenever it starts he runs to the TV and as soon as he sees the characters he starts yelling them out, "ABBY!!ELMO!!!COOKIE!!OSCAR!!!GROVER!!!BIG BIRD!!! EERRREE(ernie)!!!" It's hilarious. Two weeks ago we had the scare of our life when Riley came crashing down 8 stairs. He was at Aloryn's birthday party, and was at the top of the stairs when he decided it was no big deal and he could get down them all by himself! He cried, I cried, it was awful. He's OK though and I waited a week or so before telling Grandma in order to save off another heart attack! :)




No comments: