7am
Me: Good Morning Riley!
Riley: Good Morning Momma! Nice to meet you!
7:30am
As I'm looking under the bathroom sink for something, I pull out an old
makeup bag. Riley picks it up and walks out of the bathroom with it. Shouts
from the bedroom.
Riley: Momma! I don't know where my backpack is. Do you know where my backpack is?
Me: It's in your closet
Riley:Oh, Ok!
Riley finds me in the kitchen.
Riley:I can't do it all by self me! Can you help me?
(zip the backpack. the makeup bag is inside)
I hold the backpack so he can zip it up
Riley: Thank you! Can you help me put it on?
I help him put it on his back
Riley: I'm ready for school now. I'm going to school.
I have no idea where all this is coming from. I'm just along for the ride at this point.
Riley walks to the front door.
Riley: Mom, can you open the door for me?
I do.
As the door opens, the sun hits Riley in the face.
Riley: The Sun! Sunny sunny sunny! (pause) Mom, I need a hat.
Let me pause at this point and explain that it has been cloudy and cold here
for the last week so we have told him he can't go outside to play until the sun comes out.
Hence his excitement over seeing the sun.
Riley looks outside again, puts his foot out to take a step. Pauses. Puts his foot back inside
Riley:Mom! But I don't have shoes on!
Me:Well, let's go get your shoes and hat on.
We do.
Back to the front door.
Riley:Mom, I need my squirt gun!
(Riley found dave's old squirt gun yesterday and
thinks it's pretty much the best thing ever made)
We find his squirt gun and refill it with water. To the door again.
This time we make it outside.
Riley walks down the sidewalk a bit and squirts his gun.
6 or 7 minutes later
Riley: Momma, my fingers are cold! (In a shaky voice)
I want to go inside now.
I'm not going to school anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment