It's been too long since I put up a post
but really, nothing new is going on
I don't know why I feel like there must be something new
in order for you to want to read our blog
So now you're getting it
an update on the last two months
hope you're not too bored! *grin*
November brought us snow in Reno and of course Thanksgiving.
We have an arrangement with my family and Dave's
that Thanksgiving is spent with mine
and Christmas with Dave's
so off to Sacramento we went
We were quite worried about this 2 hour drive as Emily really hates the car...
still...
and she screams...
loud...
and she wont stop...
about 45 min. into the trip, that is exactly what happened.
We found a place to pull off the road
a parking lot
and all got out to walk around
it took half an hour of this for her to forget that she hated the car
and we could go on with our trip.
We had tons of fun with my family
eating as much as we could
talking
playing
hated to leave them!
December brought more snow and Christmas. Riley was super excited to put up Christmas decorations and as I'm hanging things around the house, he is literally jumping up and down in circles saying, "it's Christmas time, it's Christmas time!" over and over again.
Too funny
Christmas Eve was spent with my parents, eating a wonderful dinner and opening presents. We had a great time.
Christmas Day was packed full
as is the norm for the Olsen's
*grin*
We woke up, opened our stockings with the kids, packed all the presents in the car and off to my in-laws house to eat breakfast and open all our presents. My sister in-law, her husband, and their 2 kids were there as well. All the kids and boys got dart guns and they spent the morning shooting them at the back window. Emily was their favorite cousin because she would run and pick up the darts and return them to the shooter!
Such a little helper
The kids are great. Riley is learning about lying and not getting it very quickly.
*grin*
He is also very excited about Daddy making him a new bed that will be bigger and have a ladder. We are secretly hoping this excitement will help him not mind that either a little sister or brother will be sleeping under him and sharing his room too soon.
The boy has a mouth and is exercising his right to open it, although he hates it when that exercise sends him right to his room for time out!
Emily is more confident than ever in her walking and although Riley talked a lot more at this point in his life, she is starting to figure things out. She is very good at understanding what we're saying to her and doing what we tell her, but if I have to hear one more "eeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!" instead of the word "up" I just might scream back!
*grin*
Dave worked less in December than he has in probably any other month of last year and it has been wonderful. 12 hour days and weekends off-a dream come true! He is still working out the kinks in owning and running a business but I think that's pretty normal when you go from 4 employees to 32 in 4 years.
As for me..I'm pregnant and I'm pretty sure that says it all!
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season and this year is the best yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment