Merry Christmas!
Christmas was great. Eve was spent with my parents with which we had a wonderful dinner and exchanged presents. The kids got lots of toys and loved every minute of it. My mother in law made her incredible Pan Roast for dinner Christmas night and I spend most of the following year impatiently waiting till I can have it again next Christmas! I was a bad mom and didn't take many pictures, but this one was taken in our only down time of the day-about 2 hours in the afternoon-Riley is playing with his much anticipated Ninjago toys and Emily is trying to sleep on the couch behind him. I spent my free time being introduced to a favorite game of Dave's that I am now completely hooked on and Aaron is running around refusing a nap.
And a Happy New Year!
We had 6 people and their 4 kids (and a soon to arrive baby) over for New Years Eve. We did the 9 o'clock NewYears Eve for the first time and a family new years celebration was way more fun than I thought it would be!
January has been a full 2 weeks already. We started off the new year by taking the kids sledding for the first time. They thought it was pretty much the best thing EVER. Aaron and Emily both crashed one or two times and after the snow was wiped off their faces, marched themselves right back up the hill and did it again. Aaron never stops amazing me-my little 18 month old, in a sled aged for 5 and up and flying down this hill grinning from ear to ear. And do you think he asked to be carried back up that hill? No way! Walked right back to the top, pointed at the ground and said, "AGAIN! AGAIN!" Super boy, that one is. We had planned to take the kids skiing on the following weekend but the weather did not cooperate. I think we'll try again at the end of the month-the kids cant wait. I have a video of them sledding that I'll post for you but it's on Dave's phone so I'll have to post it later. *grin*
January 5th marked a very sad day for me and my mom's side of the family. My great grandmother, who was 96 years old, passed away. I am honored to have known her and so so happy that my kids knew, even for a short time, their great great grandmother. She was always so kind, happy, and a wonderful person. She will be greatly missed.
January 6th was my wonderful husbands birthday!! We celebrated low key style which is just the way he likes it.
Next weekend is pretty much my least favorite weekend of the entire year. Dave leaves for his annual trip to Long Beach for work and is gone for 3 DAYS!!!! I put that in caps because it is just that giant of a deal for me. I know many women whose husbands are gone for weeks at a time or work all the time and they never get to see them or are always away on business and I just don't know how they do it. I dread these 3 days all year long. I really shouldn't complain, I know I have it good compared to those others. Dave was gone the other night for the first time in a long time and I will admit that it was A LOT better than it has ever been since we had kids so maybe it will be just fine. I'm ever so thankful that I leave near family who will come over and/or take us in for dinner and make this time easier and go by faster for us.
That's all for now!!
*grin*


No comments:
Post a Comment