With our kids growing up and FINALLY no more babies in our arms, this was the first winter where we could actually get out of the house and do something fun-in...no joke...5 years!!! Now Aaron is still little but he is so brave and game for pretty much anything so we set out to have some fun this winter.
The first thing we did was buy some sleds! I was driving by the library after it had snowed one day and happen to see kids sledding down a hill. It was the perfect place-everything I needed to make sledding with 3 little ones possible. I was ridiculously excited. The next snow, we went. The kids had the times of their lives. Emily and Aaron both got dumped a couple times...once because they crashed in to each other-but they wiped the snow off their faces and climbed right back up the hill! I was the most impressed with Aaron-18 months old and the boy marched up that hill all by himself pulling his giant sled behind him, a dozen times! It was a great morning.
For this last Christmas, our employees got together and gave us a substantial gift card for Mount Rose. We were able to take the kids skiing for the first time and ski ourselves for almost no cost at all. An incredible blessing. Another huge blessing was the help of my in-laws, who came with us, helped carry kids and boots and also helped teach (Olsen's have been skiing their entire lives and I've only been downhill skiing once so I wasn't about to take the reigns on this endeavor) and took the kids home after lunch which allowed Dave and I to spend the rest of the afternoon skiing on our own. Riley and Emily learned how to ski a bit and Aaron helped them and played in the snow. Honestly, this was one of the best days I've ever had. What fun! I'm going to fill the rest of the space up with too many pictures and videos now.
This video shows how Aaron helped out.
*grin*
Dave going down the baby hill with Emily
Speaking of pictures...are you on Instagram?! I've recently discovered it and love it! It's so easy and fun! I'm super protective of pictures of my kids so I don't post much on Facebook. On Instagram however, you will find much more and also more personal pictures as I only let my very favorite people be a part of it.




No comments:
Post a Comment