I was re-reading my last post before I typed this new one and realized 2 things. One is that I haven't cleaned my shower since then. Too much information? Yep. Second, those little floating shamrocks are really obnoxious when you're trying to read. Cute but annoying. Noted.
Anyway...I'm trying out a cool video website I discovered during my recertification class. Here's a quick video of what we did this winter.
winter 2013/2014
And since it was so easy and fun...here's another one for Aaron's birthday
Aaron's 3rd Birthday
Dave and I took him to the biggest fire station in the city. They have the biggest trucks and the coolest stuff and they are the only station with a pole the firefighters slide down to go out on a call. All the kids loved it. Aaron wanted a fire truck cake for his birthday. It was my first 3D cake and it turned out to be a bit of a mess but he was thrilled and that's what matters.
We got a chance to do a couple fun things this spring. The first was Dave and I got to go on a 'trip' by ourselves! We left after work on a Tuesday night and drove to California for a conference Dave was attending the following morning. We ate breakfast together and then I drove him to his meeting place. Do you want to know what I did while he was there? Whatever I wanted! For the first time in 7 years I didn't have to think about anyone but myself. It was ammaaazzziiinnnggg. I read a book and ate some clam chowder by the ocean. Did I mention it was amazing? Well it was.
The other thing we got to do was go camping with the kids. It was.....well the kids had fun! Poor Riley left with 13 mosquito bites on his face and Dave 3 times that on his back-and he was wearing a shirt and we were all bug sprayed! The kids loved it despite the mosquitos.
I just realized that Easter happened since I last posted too. We had every member of family in Reno at our house from both my side and Dave's. I loved it! How about I shut up and just show you another video? I think so too.
Easter 2014
Ok. Only 2 more things and then I'm done-promise. Emily had her first dance recital and spent the entire thing standing next to me like a statue. Hey, it happens. She got a medal and a certificate and that made her incredibly happy.
The biggest event ever was Riley graduating Kindergarten! He too got freaked out during his performance for graduation but he stuck it out and did his thaaang. So proud of that boy. I try very hard not to think about the fact that he will be gone all day every day in just 7 short weeks. I'm not ready for it. Not one little bit. Emily will go to pre-school from 3-5 half days a week to get her ready for Kindergarten and it will just be Aaron and I. Can't really wrap my head around the future here...
And there you have in folks! I may have overdone it with the videos, but I love you and hope you enjoyed getting caught up on all things Olsen. I hope you had a great spring and stay cool this summer. The kids have already come up with this years' Summer Bucket List and we have gotten started!
No comments:
Post a Comment