Wednesday, January 2, 2008

catch up

I feel like this week is catch up week. Time to catch up on things that got put off during the crazy month of December. So...time for a long needed blog! The first exciting thing that happened in December has nothing to do with Riley-sorry. Every year I do a play. This year the play was Beauty and the Beast. I was just a lady in the village but I got a couple solo lines and we performed our shows the first week of December. Here's a picture from the village scene. I'm up front with the red top on.

Second exciting thing to happen last month and probably the most anticipated was that Riley laughed for the first time. I was holding him in front of me and Dave took his arms and playfully shook them back and forth and Riley giggled. Dave and I just looked at each other like, "you heard that right? He laughed didn't he? I wasn't just imagining things was I?" and then Dave did it to him again and sure enough-a good solid laugh. The next day, I wiggled his stomach and he did it again. I don't think anything lights up the day like Riley laughing. We've yet to catch it on video but when we do-we'll try to post it so you can hear. ( I know..aren't you just sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation!) :)
So Christmas finally came and it was a lot of fun. We went to my parent's house Christmas Eve for Prime Rib and played their new Wii. My sister and niece were there and we had a wonderful evening. Lots of games and presents and good food. Christmas morning was spent at Dave's parents house and Riley slept through most of it. Then the Olsen family brunch was at his parent's house also and Riley slept through most of it...Dave's sister and her husband and kids flew in Christmas Day and it was really cool to have almost all the family and all their kids in one place. The evening brought Christmas soup at Grandma's house and guess what? Riley DIDN'T sleep through most of that! It was a wonderful day. And it didn't end there. The next day we opened presents with Kel and Dal oh and you know what? Riley slept through most of that too! But he woke up for the end of it and we got some great pictures of Riley with his cousins. Of course the best ending of all happened to top off Christmas-Sushi for dinner Wednesday night!


Since 2007 was such a HUGE year for Dave and I, we have high hopes that 2008 will bring on a whole lot of nothing what so ever...and we can't wait!

I leave you with one final picture. Riley has developed quite the personality and lets just say he wants what he wants or else this is what you get...



Dave would like to add that this is also the face he makes when someone gives him a Shark's onesie-NATE!

No comments: