Halloween has to be my favorite 'holiday' besides Christmas and for that reason, I was very excited this year to have a child old enough to enjoy it. Riley decided he wanted to be Batman for Halloween and if you sing the theme song for him, he'll fill in BATMAN! at the end. Saturday morning I told him about trick or treating and we practiced it at our own door. Can't be unprepared! :) That night, we got him all dressed up in his batman costume. At first, he wanted nothing to do with the mask, but after a few minutes he decided you couldn't be Batman without a mask and asked to wear it. Halloween is Dave's least favorite 'holiday' and on top of that, he wasn't feeling good, so he and Emily stayed home and took a nap while Riley and I hit the street. Being home all day has the distinct advantage of knowing which houses are 'normal' and which ones aren't and we stuck to the normal ones. The first, was our next door neighbor Dan. Riley walks up to the door, knocks on it, and when they answer he gives a nice clear "trick or treat!" the neighbors thought he was adorable and promptly gave him 2 candy bars. He looked into his pumpkin with awe. "Candy Momma?" Oh ya. After a short talk on how we don't go into peoples houses when they answer the door, we moved on to the next house. We went to 5 or 6 houses on the street and he loved it. We carved pumpkins too. By we, I mean he dictated what he wanted his to look like and I did all the work!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment