Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gingerbread House

Last weekend, we made our first gingerbread house as a family and the first for me ever. I had no idea that it takes hours to make with all the drying of the frosting before you can decorate. I also didn't know that once you mix the frosting, you better finish it cause it wont be usable in the morning. The result of these discoveries was a really fun night with Dave. He spent most the evening in the new building trying to fix leaks in the ceiling from ruining the new dry wall. When he got home, we spent the next hour and a half decorating the gingerbread house. It reminded me of one of my fondest memories-staying up till midnight carving pumpkins our first year of marriage. So now I add staying up till midnight decorating a gingerbread house to my list of all time greatests too.

No comments: