A couple weekends ago, Dave and I left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and took a short trip to San Jose. Dave got tickets to the Sharks/Avalanche game for his birthday and was pretty excited to get out and see a real hockey game. We drove down Saturday, through snow, hail, and constant rain-took us just over 5 hours to get there- and then had dinner with some good friends that live in San Jose. After dinner we were off to the hockey game. The hockey arena was FULL and we were in the seventh row which was just amazing. Every time a guy was slammed into the glass, the whole front row would jump back in their seats. LOL The Avalanche (whom Dave was cheering for) lost pretty badly , and honestly, not much happened in the game, but for me at least, just being there was pretty cool. Everyone was yelling and standing and doing the wave and there were just so many people, it was awesome. I took this video on my phone right after the Sharks scored goal 5 with a hat trick (if I have messed up any of the hockey lingo here, go ahead and laugh at me) I wanted to capture just how loud the stadium was.
We left for home the next day and had a very uneventful and quick trip which was nice. All in all, I think I got to talk with my husband for 8 hours which is nice in these times where we barely get to say hello and goodbye before our attention is taken elsewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment