Introducing Aaron Joshua Olsen.
Born April 22nd at 11:20 PM.
Our smallest baby...weighed in at 8 lb 5 oz 21 inches long.
After 4 days of being in labor, with contractions that would wake me up at night they were so painful, but not close enough together to go to the hospital, we finally went at 10pm Friday night. Contractions were still not close enough together to warrant going but were painful to the point of needing breathing exercises to get through them. When we arrived, I was 5 cm which was one cm more than I had been 6 hours earlier at the doctor's office where they had performed the stress test, etc. that they do when you're a week late. I don't know what it is, but it seems like as soon as you arrive at the hospital it's like your body knows you're there and gives itself permission to cause you real pain and get things really going!
They hooked me up to the IVs and monitors and by then I was in so much pain that when they asked if I wanted the drugs in the IV I said yes as fast as possible! Those are great drugs... LOL The doctor arrived and asked if I would like him to break my water and have this baby and we said ok. By then I was 8 cm and moving quickly anyway. After he broke my water (which was NOT fun by the way!) it was a matter of half a dozen pushes or so and out came Aaron. The cord was wrapped around his neck and his feet and hands were blue but all was quickly taken care of and there were no worries.
Aaron is as cute as can be and is sleeping ok. I found if I cut a lot out of my diet, he is even happier. :)
Having 3 kids ages 3 and under is crazy and I don't recommend it to anyone! LOL We are managing, and Riley loves the baby. Emily does too but her love is shown with more force...
The most common question I get is
"who does he look like?"
so here are riley and emily's newborn pictures

No comments:
Post a Comment