Monday, October 22, 2012

Moving and Birthdays

I wont bore you with another 
oh-how-long-it's-been-since-I-blogged
rant
you're not surprised 

We MOVED!!!
OH YES WE DID!
We put our house up for sale on Thursday night
on Saturday afternoon we had two offers
and accepted the one for asking price
of course
*grin*

We had 30 days to find a rental and move
it was CRAZY
but we did it!
We found a single story house in Double Diamond
people are not outgoing here
but it's clean 
and safe
and that's what matters

Each kid has their own room
Riley was the most excited about this
and has had the hardest time adjusting to it
He constantly woke up scared. 
After 4 night lights in his room
and 3 in the hall
blackout curtains in his window
(we think cars driving down the road were freaking him out as the headlights flashed right above his bed every time)
and a fan on the floor for some white noise
he is finally sleeping through the night most nights
and stopped talking about how scared he is

The other two kids are doing wonderfully
though we realized right away
that poor Emily had next to nothing
for a room of her own
no really...about 5 toys and a toddler bed...that was it
I felt terrible that I hadn't realized how much of their shared room was Riley's stuff
we changed all that with her birthday
that brought her a twin bed
a bright pink ottoman
and a bright pink soft fuzzy rug
we rearranged all of our dressers
so now all the kids have one in their rooms 
including Emily
and repurposed a set of drawers for her toys
more of which she got on her birthday
from friends and family

This is a temporary home
just until we find a house for sale that we love
we are being incredibly picky
I'm truly loving it here though
which is such a blessing
Dave says it's growing on him
but I know he loves that he has a bit of an office now
a desk, and a white board
he's in it every day
*grin*

September brought a double birthday party to our new home
As Emily turned 3 
can you believe it?!! THREE!!
And Riley 5
(I can't believe I have a 5 year old)
I learned a double party is double the work
but it was fun
and I accomplished my best birthday cakes yet
which made me very happy

Riley's birthday is October 1st 
the kindergarten cutoff is Sep. 30th.
so he wont be starting this year
and we're actually very happy about it
what's the rush anyway?!
He's still in preschool 2 mornings a week and LOVES it
Emily has been begging us to go to school
like her big brother
for a year now
on Wednesday, we are finally giving in
we'll see how it goes
she is beyond excited

Riley gave me a hug yesterday 
I realized his head is up to my ribs
he's so big
random thought I had to share

All this talk about Riley and Emily
may make you wonder if we forget our little Aaron
Nope
he wouldn't let you even if you tried
Aaron decided last week that he can talk
and added about 25 words to his vocabulary
his favorite things are tractors right now
we drive by a construction sight every day
and he shouts out "tracta!"
every. single.  time.
he is constantly sneaking in to riley's room to play with his tractors
Riley thinks it's funny and let's him play with them whenever he wants
David is still Aaron's favorite person in the whole wide world
Grandmas come in at second
Riley at third
and then good ol mom at fourth
I'm cool with it
*grin*



Oh ya!  I celebrated a birthday this month too!  
But this post is too long already
so know that it was wonderful
and that's that!


No comments: